Your data privacy is important to us. This means that we process data about identified or identifiable individuals, which is called personal data, with due care and in accordance with applicable data protection law. Carefully read the provisions below:
) explains what information we collect when you use this Website. It also has information about how we store, use, transfer or otherwise deal with such collected information. Our aim is not just to comply with Privacy Law, it is to earn your trust.
The Data We Collect
How We Collect the Data
- Your personal identifiable information (name, email address and phone number)
- Demographic Information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Technical Information (Device identifiers, web browser information, page view statistics, Browsing history)
- Payment information, including credit card number, contact information, and billing information.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
- Log data (Usage information e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
You generally provide us with the data we collect when:
- We ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you such as your name, email and phone number ("Personal Information") for log in or sign in.
- You voluntarily complete our customer’s survey or provide feedback on any of our messages’ boards or via email.
In addition to this, we may also receive your data indirectly through your log data which may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, geographical location, device type, browser type, browser version, how you interact with our Website, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. Also, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze the information collected.
How We Use Your Data
Data collected are processed ultimately for the use of the Court (data collector).
In addition, we process this Personal Data based on the following legitimate business interests, to:
- make this Website work as best as possible
- improve our services and products
- ensure network security
- personalize web content
- administrative matters
- fight spam and other forms of abuse
- generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use the Website;
- send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting;
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service)
For better clarity, below is a tabular representation of data collected and the legal basis for such collection:
With whom will your Personal Data be shared?
||Legal Basis for Processing
|Contact information, including name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
||Technical information, including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
|Purchaser information, including credit card number, contact information, and billing information.
||Necessary to effect online payment within the Website
|Demographic information, including age, career focus and discipline, preferences, gender, educational degrees, ethnic background, interests, and household income range.
||Necessary to effect online payment within the Website
|Technical information, including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
||Legitimate purpose of authenticating subscribers and optimizing website performance.
By agreeing to this Policy, you expressly agree that LawPavilion can share your personal data with necessary third party to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We may also share data with our affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights and property of LawPavilion and its customers.
Storing and Securing the Data
LawPavilion is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We will ensure that:
- your data is secured against all foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft, cyberattack, viral attack, dissemination, manipulations of any kind,
- Your data is secured against damage by rain, fire or exposure to other natural elements.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
However, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information; you acknowledge, by agreeing to this policy, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of data sent over the internet.
You are exclusively responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing the Website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
Retention of your Personal Data
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We retain indefinitely certain anonymized information we gather about visitors or subscribers for the legitimate purpose of performing website analytics and providing use of our website to all visitors in an efficient, practical, and relevant way.
If there is no legal basis or other requirement for keeping your data AND after there has been no activity from you for twenty-six (26) months, your data that is no longer required will be purged as may be agreed with the joint data controller (the Court).
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
The transfer of your Personal Data outside the Nigeria
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Personal Data captured on this Website may be transferred to, and stored or otherwise processed at, a destination outside Nigeria, including destinations that are not subject to Data Privacy Provisions equivalent to those in Nigeria in which you provided your Personal Data. We transfer your data to such other jurisdictions with your consent or where necessary to:
- provide you with the services you have requested; or
- for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between the us and a third party; or
- for reasons of public interest;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
Your Data Protection Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
Right to Access:
You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
Right to rectification:
If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such Personal Data.
Right to erasure:
Under certain conditions, you can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Although we may not immediately be able to erase all residual copies from our servers and backup systems after the active data have been erased. Such copies shall be erased as soon as reasonably possible.
Right to Portability:
You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request, under certain conditions, that we transmit the data to another controller or directly to you, where technically feasible. This right shall however not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
Right to restrict Processing:
You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions. Restriction of processing may lead to fewer possibilities to use our Website. Where processing has been restricted, your personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest in Nigeria.
Right to object:
You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes. We shall then no longer process User’s personal data unless for the provision of our services or if we demonstrate other compelling legitimate grounds for our processing that override User’s interests, rights and freedoms or for legal claims.
Withdrawal of Consent:
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our services.
Right to lodge a complaint:
If at any time you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt that your data is not duly protected by us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant authority after adequate notice has been given to us and we have been given the opportunity to remedy such wrong without success.
How to use these rights.
To exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, User should primarily use the functions offered by our Website. If such functions are however not sufficient for exercising such rights, Customer shall send us a letter or email to the address set out below under Contact, including the following information: name, address, phone number, email address and a copy of a valid proof of identity. We may request additional information necessary to confirm User’s identity. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, excessive or manifestly unfounded.
Third party websites
Changes to our Policy
This Privacy Notice is dated August, 2021. We may update this Policy at any time if required in order to reflect changes in our data processing practices, in personal data protection laws or otherwise. For substantial changes to this Privacy Notice, we will use reasonable endeavors to provide notice thereof.
How to contact us
Any User having any question or request on this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, can contact us
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on: +234(1)-453-3620, +234-805-029-8729
|Write to us at:
LAWPAVILION BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
20, Felicia Koleosho Street, Off Agbaoku Street,
Allen Avenue, Ikeja. Lagos. NG-100216